HEALTH CAREERS ACADEMY
HCA is a two-course program which introduces youth to healthcare and healthcare careers through lecture, laboratory, and fieldwork experiences. These activities prepare students to further explore their healthcare specialty of interest while offering them a foundational understanding of healthcare systems, processes, culture, ethics, and integrated professions.
HCA students have the rare opportunity to shadow in local healthcare facilities, encountering patient-centered experiences first hand. Course content is thoughtfully chosen and introduced to replicate current healthcare practices and standards so as to prepare students to excel in educational tracts and professional environments specific to healthcare.
Patient care experience is as valuable as the biology behind the medical diagnosis. These courses are intended to develop students to become future healthcare leaders who will deliver excellent patient care as well as quality industry outcomes.
Fall 2018 Registration Information
NOTE: All students MUST be 16 years of age by the first day of class. This is a requirement of our clinical facilities and cannot be waived.
It is also strongly encouraged that students be in their Junior or Senior Year of high school.
Health Careers Academy - Fall 2018
**Students must be enrolled in both sections**
To enroll in Fall HLC 121 & HLC 121L, please follow these steps:
Santa Rosa Junior College Health Sciences Office
Race Building, Room# 4062
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Summer hours: May 28 - July 27, Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., CLOSED FRIDAY"S
- You will be emailed an Add Code once your Student Information Packet is submitted and confirmed as being complete.
**Students will not be given an add code for the course until the Student Information Packet is confirmed complete**
HEALTH CAREERS ACADEMY COURSE OUTLINE LINKS:
SRJC UNITS OFFERED PER COURSE:
FALL HLC 121*= 1.5 units
FALL HLC 121L*= .75 units
SPRING HLC 122*= 1.5 units
SPRING HLC 122L*= .75 units
*Each class section has a limited capacity of 30 students.
SRJC units are free to high school students!
SRJC Required Fees : For more info, view THIS PAGE.
SRJC Parking*: Parking Pass= $60/semester. Daily Parking Pass= $4/day
SRJC Photo ID Badge= $3. Photo ID Badge is needed to use the library and have access to FREE Sonoma County Transit bus fare.
Health Sciences ID Badge= $4. You will need this Badge to participate in Clinical Site Visits
*Parking on campus requires a permit every day of the week, 365 days a year
Enrollment Restricted to Students who meet the Requirements:
- All students must be 16 years old by the first day of class (no exceptions as this is a clinical facility requirement)
- Student will need to submit documentation of current immunizations prior to enrolling in the program: (no exceptions)
- Healthcare Student Immunization Checklist and Instructions (Read this carefully)
- Healthcare Student Immunization Form (Must be complete and signed by a Healthcare Practitioner)
- Emergency Information Card
- Medical Consent for Treatment of a Minor
- SRJC Photo Release Form
- CTE Foundation Photo Release Form
- Kaiser Foundation Photo Release Form
- College Field Trip Waiver
For Program Questions:
Tammy Alander, M.Ed, BPA, RT(R), CRT
Health Careers Academy & Health Careers Institute Coordinator
Health Sciences Adjunct Faculty Member