SHCI presents healthcare and healthcare careers to HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS the summer prior to their junior or senior year.
The Sonoma County healthcare community has partnered with Santa Rosa Junior College to develop a course in which SHCI students visit healthcare sites, listen to a variety of professional speakers, as well as attend skills labs and lectures.
This program offers hands-on education, an introduction to a healthcare network of professionals, and opportunities for individual students to authentically consider a healthcare career pathway.
SHCI SUMMER 2019
Check back for Summer 2019 Schedule of Classes!
Please note the following SHCI Class Requirements:
- All students must be 16 years of age by the first day of class (no exceptions as this is a clinical facility requirement)
- Students will need to submit documentation of current immunizations prior to enrolling in the program: (no exceptions)
- Healthcare Student Immunization Checklist and Instructions (Read this carefully)
- Healthcare Student Immunization Form (Must be complete and signed by a Healthcare Practitioner)
- Emergency Information Card
- Medical Consent for Treatment of a Minor
- SRJC Photo Release Form
- CTE Foundation Photo Release Form
- Kaiser Foundation Photo Release Form
- College Field Trip Waiver
TAMMY ALANDER, M.ED, BPA, RT(R), CRT
HEALTH CAREERS ACADEMY & HEALTH CAREERS INSTITUTE COORDINATOR